Technical Services Manager
BHMAsia – Thailand
Bangkok Corporate Office in Soi Sukhumvit 13
Full Time Position
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity has risen at BHMAsia within its technical Service team. The purpose of the role is to assist the Director of Technical Services (Expat) to represent the Technical Services Department in the design and construction of new properties to be managed by BHMAsia predominantly in Thailand and Vietnam.
- To establish and review the Hotel’s brief and space allocation requirements.
- Attend coordination meetings with the Owner’s architects, interior designers, engineers and consultants as required.
- Provide the Owner with the relevant BHMAsia Design Guidelines and related documents.
- Review and comment on preliminary Project concepts and any amendments with regards to : Master planning, Site infrastructure, (including buildings, roads, landscaping, car parks); Basements, public area floor plans, room and suite layouts, Serviced Apartment designs, Back-of-house plans and preliminary architectural and technical specifications.
- Co-ordinate with the design team to review and comment on Interior design preliminary and detailed documents including schemes of decoration for all rooms, suites and public areas including lobby and hotel shops, restaurants, bars, conference, facilities and ballrooms, public areas, swimming pool areas, indoor signage, furniture and equipment designs.
- Review and comment on the project documentation supplied in relation to the following disciplines:
- Space allocation and organization of various premises of the hotel.
- Architectural, interior design and landscaping plans and specifications.
- Kitchen designs and proposed kitchen equipment.
- Laundry facilities and equipment.
- Building facade and high access cleaning and maintenance proposals.
- HVAC, electrical, mechanical and plumbing installations.
- Life, safety systems.
- IT installations.
- Security Installations.
- Provide ongoing liaison with Owner / Developer and key Consultants for co-ordination and guidance in the interpretation and clarification of operational requirements.
- Obtain ongoing input from BHMAsia Technical Directors as required.
- Co-ordinate mock up room and interior design reviews as per the interior design process.
- Conduct regular progress inspections during construction phase relating to life safety, MEP, general construction quality and compliance with BHMAsia Guidelines.
- During handover of the project key duties include:
- Snagging and defects reporting.
- Compile formal handover report from Technical Services to Hotel Operations.
Hotel Operating Team Co-ordination:
- Brief Hotel General Manager and key Executives on project scope, design intent, operational concepts and objectives.
- Establish and maintain communication system to provide timely and on-going project status reports to the Head of Technical Services.
- Prepare monthly Project Status Report to cover; executive summary, program, design report, site report, FF&E report, miscellaneous and issue as appropriate to Owner/Representative and Technical Services Department.
- Establish and monitor record keeping procedures for all documents received and issued for the project.
- Ensure that all meetings attended are properly recorded and maintained.
In order to be selected for the role, you should have a minimum Bachelor in Architecture, Project Management or building engineering/services, as well as, a minimum 3 years’ experience in related field.
Furthermore, essentially you should be able to manage multiple projects concurrently. Proven planning and project delivery skills. People management skills, and able to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences. Be proficient with MS suite of documents, AutoCAD, Sketch up and strong English language skills. Finally, the role will require you to frequently travel.