Assistant Director of Sales
Bangkok Corporate Office in Soi Sukhumvit 13
Mission of the Role :
Develop & implement sales and revenue strategies and processes for all properties in our portfolio in order to optimized and maximize revenue and sales productivity.
Scope of the Role :
- Implement sales strategy / tactical / procedure to maximize revenue and productivity.
- Build up new prospect accounts to generated new revenue opportunities.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Optimize and expand distribution partnerships.
- Embed a revenue management culture.
- Participate sales meeting as well as management meeting and GM meeting.
- Weekly, and monthly routine sales courtesy visit clients
- Daily monitoring revenue performance and online distribution.
Reports To :
- Cluster Director of Sales
Core Job Responsibilities & Duties :
- Develop the sales strategy for all the property, plan and manage its implementation.
- Be responsible for communication of this strategy to the sales team both online and offline.
- Create and develop pricing strategies in conjunction with the individuality of each hotel.
- Responsible for assessing, analyzing and pricing group business strategies
- Educate the team to build and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings, handling activities sales including sales call, entertainment, FAM Trip, Trade show etc.
- Support Cluster DOS to review hotel’s budget plan / sales activities plan and conduct all internal sales meeting and activities.
- Actively up-sells each business opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Achieve personal and team related revenue goals.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of the annual Sales Planning process for the property, fully understanding the requirements, and the required budgetary guidelines, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
- Liaise with the Marketing Team to ensure effective communication is maintained in line with Marketing strategy.
- Manage the Sales team – Online and Offline segment, as well as monitor property’s reservations to ensure the efficient day to day operation of the Sales Department and that all revenue and profitability targets are achieved in line.
- Support to responsible to summary for all necessary sales report and other Executive Reports.
- Handling leisure key accounts / top producer
- Perform competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends.
- Analyze overall monthly hotel performance and provide summary report with recommendations to improve long term strategies.
- Review property performance and develop strategic and tactical action plan
- Evaluate performance of distribution partners and contracted rates (OTA, FIT, tour operator, corporate, crew, groups, etc…).
- Prepare outline for and support the annual revenue budget process.
- Position contributes to sales strategy, evaluates effectiveness and prepares historical and future analysis of revenue and profit opportunities
- Chair meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities and solutions.
Experience & Qualifications :
- 3 – 4 years of hands-on Senior Sales level or Cluster Sales experience is an advantage.
- Strong relation to handling leisure and corporate segment both local and overseas accounts.
- A strong command of both written and spoken English is required
- Experiences to handling an overseas sales trip / travel trade show and road show
- Strong knowledge background of revenue management is a must.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Hotel Management, Tourism or Economic Studies or related field.
- Highly computer literate with a high level command of Excel.
- Knowledgeable of hotel technology: PMS, Channel Manager, GDS, CRS, Extranets is an advantage
- Highly-organized, detail-oriented and pleasant personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, Positive attitude, initiative, service minded, confident and a good team worker.