Chief Security Officer
BHMA Representative Office – District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Applicants must be fluent in written and spoken Vietnamese and English, and must have the legal right to live and work in Vietnam as a work permit is not available for this role.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Clean criminal record
- Must have Pre-opening and setup experience
- Prior experiences within the Hospitality Industry is a must.
- Knowledge of operating CCTV systems and fire response procedures is a must.
- Fluency in the English Language is required.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Conducts daily departmental briefings and directs and co-ordinates the activities of all security officers.
- Takes a mentoring role to those security officers who need additional support to improve their on job performance.
- Briefs senior managers and other department heads on any assigned specific tasks, projects or surveys conducted by the security.
- Ensures that all company or staff property is adequately secured at all times.
- Ensures that all allegations of the crimes are investigated and recorded. Liaises with department heads to ensure all staff is adhering to established security procedures. E.g. hotel property gate passes procedure, key control procedure and exit and entry control.
- Ensures effective security patrolling and general rounds of the premises.
- Responds to the scene of any medical emergency, and assesses and renders appropriate first aid, requests the dispatch of additional Emergency Services personnel, such as Nurses/Paramedics or ambulance.
- Ensures that all systems and procedures as lay down by the management and Director of security, health & safety are being followed and implemented.
- Ensures that the house rules are followed and staffs are aware of fire emergency procedure and all hazards are reported.
- Performs all other tasks as requested by management in order to implement company rules and regulations at all the times.
- Maintains full records of all activities of the log books, Roster, Overtime report, checklists, incident reports and any other documents as required by Director of security, health & safety.
Key Responsibilities :
- Maintain and co-ordinate with Law enforcement authorities- Police and municipalities in the investigation and handling of crimes, incidents/accidents, etc., involving the hotel, or its employees.
- Be responsible for the investigations of all incidents or accidents. Cases of reported loss breach of security, drunkenness, fights, violation of rules & regulations and privacy.
- Attend company orientation courses to be held for new employees in the capacity of a lecturer on security and fire safety procedures.
- Maintain records of all fire fighting equipment, and the maintenance of those equipment.
- Appraise fire prevention procedures within the premises and advise management of any probable improvements in those procedures/systems.
- Be responsible for the fire training, Fire test system records, compliance with legal requirements about fire safety system.
- Ensure that all security team is aware of emergency procedures, crisis management, handling situations and dealing with the Law enforcement agencies.
- Promote a helpful, professional image while dealing with residing staff, providing full cooperation with prompt and caring attitude.
- Anticipate the needs of the guests, staff, visitors, and contractors wherever possible without compromising the safety and security procedures.
- Ensure correct investigations of all incidents/accidents without any bias, prejudice or discrimination and the Director of Security, health & safety and Director of Human resources are appraised accordingly.